How to Clean Your Engagement Ring
After I got engaged, I knew nothing about the upkeep of fancy rings. I figured that wearing my engagement ring in the shower would clean it well enough, but that is not actually the case. Things get in underneath the setting and it actually dulls the sparkle of the stone *gasp!*
A good friend of mine who knows about these sorts of things gave me some simple instructions to clean my engagement ring, and this is how I’ve been doing it since. She suggested cleaning it every 1-2 weeks, although in my forgetfulness/laziness, I usually clean it every 2-3 weeks.
What You’ll Need
- Your ring (obviously)
- A Toothbrush (mine is from Dollarama)
- A small bowl or dish
- Mr. Clean (I got the orange one because I like the way it smells)
- Tap Water
Steps to cleaning your engagement ring:
- Close the toilet lid, plug the sink and cover any air vents where the ring might go if you drop it.
- mix 1/2 Mr. Clean and 1/2 water in a little bowl/dish
- put your engagement ring in the mixture and let it sit for a few minutes
- use the toothbrush dipped in the mixture and brush the ring on all sides
- rinse with water, dry off and voila – good as new!
Have a wonderful day,
The photos on this website are protected under the Creative Commons Canada License. You may share the photos on this blog with friends and family but you may not print, edit, crop or alter the photos in any way, the logos must stay intact and elizabeth&jane photography must be credited.